- Last update
20 days ago
Current version 3.41.0
- United States
Review available forAndroid
AppGuide Review v2022.10
Review update 2022-11-10
Context informing the intended clinical use of the app based on the targeted health conditions and included features.
Covered health conditions
The developer claims to offer features targeting these health conditions.
Features that facilitate health data generation, collection, sharing and interpretation by patients.
- Manual monitoring
- Patients can manually record information about their health (e.g. blood pressure data, anxiety assessments, mood journals, etc.).
- Automatic monitoring
- Patients can use a device to automatically record information about their health (e.g. blood glucose sensors, step trackers, etc).
- Manual data exporting
- Patients can manually export data for a clinician or caregiver (e.g. send a report by SMS or email).
- Personal health record
- Patients can collect health or medical data for multiple conditions in a personal health record.
Features that promote self-care and self-management of conditions.
- Online community
- Patients may access peer support and interact with clinicians or other patients to achieve their health goals.
- Objective planning
- Patients may set objectives or plan actions for themselves to achieve their health goals.
- Guided self-care activities
- Patients may access guided exercises or activities to perform actions and achieve their health goals.
- Educational content
- Patients may access texts or videos to learn about a condition and how to achieve their health goals.
Vida Health Inc
100 Montgomery Street, Suite 750 San Francisco, CA, 94104
The app must show relevance of its clinical underpinnings as determined by scientific evidence and support from clinicians or reputable organizations.
Evidence of acceptability
A point is provided to this app if there is at least one peer-reviewed study demonstrating the app's acceptability, as found on a research database (e.g. Pubmed, Medline). The evidence is in the form of a clinical trial, a feasibility study, a review, a survey or other published evidence.
No evidence found
Licensed by a regulatory organization
A point is provided to this app if it is licensed by at least one regulatory organization (e.g. FDA, European Union, Health Canada). A regulatory decision means that a regulatory body has approved marketing for medical purposes after assessing supporting evidence and the tool's safety.
No license found
Developed by a clinician
A point is provided to this app if health professionals are involved in its development.
Recommended by an independent organization
A point is provided to this app if it is recommended by at least one independent non-regulatory organization, such as health technology assessment agencies, government, clinical association or research institution.
No license found
Clinical value demonstrated by a peer-reviewed study
A point is provided to this app if there is at least one peer-reviewed study proving the app's clinical value, as found in a research database (e.g. Pubmed, Medline). The evidence is in the form of a clinical trial or other published clinical evidence.
A Mobile Phone-Based Health Coaching Intervention for Weight Loss and Blood Pressure Reduction in a National Payer Population: A Retrospective Study.
- JMIR Mhealth Uhealth, 2017-06-10
- Mao AY, Chen C, Magana C, Caballero Barajas K, Olayiwola JN
Outcomes in a digital weight management intervention with one-on-one health coaching.
- PLoS One, 2020-05-01
- Silberman JM, Kaur M, Sletteland J, Venkatesan A
Changes in Perceived Stress Following a 10-Week Digital Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program: Retrospective Study.
- JMIR Form Res, 2021-05-25
- Venkatesan A, Krymis H, Scharff J, Waber A
Digital Cognitive Behavior Therapy Intervention for Depression and Anxiety: Retrospective Study.
- JMIR Ment Health, 2020-08-27
- Venkatesan A, Rahimi L, Kaur M, Mosunic C
Economic value demonstrated by a peer-reviewed study
A point is provided to this app if there is at least one peer-reviewed study proving the app's economic value, as found in a research database (e.g. Pubmed, Medline). The evidence is in the form of an economic study such as a cost-effectiveness analysis.
No demonstration found
The app must not disclose personal information from users. Score is based on public information. A high score does not guarantee absence of issues with privacy.
Restricted access to accounts
A point is provided to this app if it does not give information about other apps installed on the device (creator, name, type of account, etc.).
Restricted access to unique device identification
A point is provided to this app if it does not give information about the device's hardware components, which could be used to track the user on different web services.
Restricted access to the phone subscriber identity (SIM)
A point is provided to this app if it does not give information about the mobile phone services and provider, which could be used to track the user on different messaging and phone services.
Restricted access to phone number
A point is provided to this app if it does not give information on the phone number, which could be used to follow the user on services that use this data or to attack using spam, phishing or two-factor authentication (2FA) tactics.
Right to be forgotten
Data privacy officer contact available
This information does not affect the privacy score.
This app requests access to some features of your device. Make sure that each of these accesses is relevant to you. This information does not affect the privacy score.
- Allows the app to search for nearby devices and initiate connection.
- Can give access to fine location in the background.
- Allows the app to read, create, edit, or delete your calendar events.
- Allows the app to use its content.
- Allows the app to take pictures, record videos and use a live output of the camera view.
- Allows the app to read and use conta's informations.
- Health app informations
- Allows the app to read and share informations gathered by the Health App, such as energy burned, cycling distance, walking or running distance, and heart rate samples.
- Allows the app to access the exact location of the device (precision of 3 to 5 m) in the background.
- Typically this allows the app to see where the user is down to a specific address or building and track journey.
- Allows the app to listen a live output of the microphone.
- Allows the app to record audio in the background (on some device only).
- Photo library
- Allows the app to access photos, media and files on your device.
The app must not be exposed to external security threats. Score is based on public information. A high score does not guarantee absence of issues with security.
A point is provided to this app if it has been updated at least 1 time in the last 6 months, significantly reducing technical vulnerability and associated risks.
Restricted access to device administrator privileges
A point is provided to this app if it cannot gain administrator access to your device.
Restricted access to device debugging details
A point is provided to this app if it cannot gain debugging access to your device, which could expose privileged details and sensitive information.
Compliant to one or more security certification
A point is provided to this app if it declares compliance with one or more security certifications (e.g. ISO/IEC 27017, ISO 27001, PCI, SOC 2, HITRUST, MASVS).
- HITRUST CSF
- HITRUST CSF is a prescriptive set of controls that meet the requirements of multiple regulations and standards.
The app must be easy to understand and use based on public information. Note that we did not perform a hands-on trial of the app.
Easy to understand
A point is provided to this app if it is easy to understand (grade level below 8) as defined by the Automated Readability Index (ARI) readability tool.
User satisfaction on App Store
A point is provided to this app if user satisfaction averaged at least 4 out of 5 stars on App Store.
- App Store
Free of distracting ads
A point is provided to this app if it is free of unrelated ads during app use.
Sufficient support section
A point is provided to this app if it provides appropriate resources to adequately help users who experience problems with the app (e.g. support section, knowledge base, FAQs).
Compliant to a design standard
A point is provided if the app manufacturer declares compliance with one or more design standard(s) related to accessibility, usability, and inclusivity (e.g. ISO 9241, WCAG, ADA, etc.).
- WCAG 2.0 AA
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.0 explains how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities. Level AA includes all Level A and AA requirements.